Ochrona danych osobowych
I Name and address of the data controller
The controller in the legal sense of the GDPR and other national data protection laws of the EU member states as well as other data protection regulations is:
Tel.: +49 (0) 221-168 509 02
1. Description and scope of data processing
No personal information is required to use this website as such and your activities are not monitored or recorded by cookies or tracking tools.
However, the provider of my website automatically stores data and information from the computer system of your computer each time my website is accessed.
- ● The following data is stored:
- ● information about your browser type and the version used
- ● your operating system
- ● your IP address
- ● date and time of your access
- ● websites, via which you access my website (so-called referrers)
- ● websites that you access via my website
Your data are not stored together with or combined with other personal data and they are not evaluated for advertising purposes.
2. Legitimate basis and purposes of data processing
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to deliver the website to your computer. To do this, your IP address must be stored for the duration of the session. The data is also stored in log files to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data is used to optimize and ensure the security of the technical systems of the website.
Legitimate basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is the legitimate interest of the controller in the above-mentioned purposes in accordance with Art. 6(1) lit. f GDPR.
3. How long will your data be processed?
Your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the collection of data used for the provision of the website to your computer, this is the case when your respective session has ended and you leave the site.
Log file data are deleted after seven days at the latest. Apart from this, you data may be stored longer. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or rendered unrecognizable, so that the identification of the calling computer is no longer possible.
4. Your options to object against the processing of your data
For the provision of the website it is absolutely necessary to process your data and the data storage in log files is essential for the proper website operation. Consequently, for practical reasons, there is no possibility to object other than not using the website.
III Contact form and e-mail contact
1. Description and scope of data processing
My website contains a contact form to facilitate quick and easy contact. If you use this option, your data entered in the contact form will be transmitted directly to me via e-mail and be stored in my local computer system. Stored personal data:
- ● your last Name, first name (if applicable)
- ● your e-mail address
- ● other data, if specified in your message text
(e. g. telephone number, address, position)
You are informed about this privacy notice and required to consent to the processing of your data before sending your message. Furthermore, the data mentioned in section II. are temporarily stored by the website provider when you use the contact form.
Alternatively, you can contact me via the e-mail address provided. In this case the personal data transmitted in your e-mail (see above) will be stored in my local computer system.
The personal data you transmit via the contact form or directly via e-mail will not be passed on to third parties and will not be subjected to any automated profiling process. In addition, I would like the users of my site to note that the transfer of data via the internet may be subject to security problems. My systems are protected against attacks by adequate technical precautions. However, please note that during transfer via the internet (e.g. by e-mail), it is not absolutely possible to protect the data against possible access by third parties.
2. Legitimate basis and purposes of data processing
Your data transmitted via the contact form and/or your e-mails will be processed only for the following purposes:
- ● processing of your request
- ● initiation and fulfilment of contracts (project service)
- ● documentation in order to provide information to you about your requested project services
- ● Provision of availability information for your project planning by e-mail
When you contact me via the contact form, you are asked to give your consent to the processing of your data for the purposes mentioned above (checkbox below in the contact form). In this case, the legitimate basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6(1) lit.a GDPR.
The other personal data processed by my web provider during the sending process are used to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of the technical systems of the website. In this case, the legitimate basis is my legitimate interest in ensuring the security of my website (in accordance with Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR).
The legitimate basis for the processing of data transmitted by you via a first-contact e-mail or in your e-mails following a first contact via contact form is my legitimate interest in the proper and professional conduct of my business (in accordance with Article. 6(1) lit. f GDPR). If the e-mail contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legitimate basis for the processing is Article 6(1 b) GDPR).
3. How long will your data be processed?
Your data is deleted by default, when it is no longer needed to achieve the purpose of its collection or when you ecpress your objection to the data processing or revoke your consent. The purpose of the processing of the data transmitted via the contact form and those sent by e-mail becomes inapplicable, when the conversation with the respective data subject can be regarded as terminated and in the future no further conversations with this person are to be expected.
This does not apply to data which I am obliged to store by German and/or European legislation. In this case the storage periods defined in applicable legislation do apply. The data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by legal requirements expires, unless there is a necessity for further storage of the data for the purpose of the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
The personal data that are collected automatically by the system during the sending process of the contact form will be deleted at the latest after a period of seven days.
4. Your right to object against the processing of your data
You have the right to withdraw your given consent concerning the processing of your data at any time. If you contact me by e-mail, you have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time. In this case, I will not be able to continue the conversation with you.
By using the unsubscribe link in the availability information or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com you can inform me of your withdrawal/objcetion at any time.
In this case I will delete all your personal data stored in my system. Since your personal data may be inseparably linked to data relating to your projects, I ask for your understanding that I may not be able to provide information to you about services already provided or requested after you initiated the deletion of all of your personal data. Alternatively, you can opt for the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 18 or Article 21(2) GDPR. For example, you can allow me to continue to store your data in order to keep the project information associated with the data, but object to the use of your data for availability information.
By sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org you can inform me that you wish to restrict data processing at any time.
You will then no longer receive any availability information from me, but your personal data and the associated project information will remain stored in my system.
IV Linked Websites
Xing is a web-based social network that enables users to connect to existing business contacts and make new business contacts.
Xing is operated by XING SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
ProZ.com is an international platform for translators and interpreters. Users can create profiles here and be contacted by interested parties and colleagues.
ProZ.com is headquartered in: 235 Harrison Street, Syracuse, NY 13202, USA.
The Proz button on my website links to my profile on this platform. It does not trigger any counting or tracking functionalities. It can be viewed without registration and no other personal data, registration etc. is required.
According to its own statements, the Proz.com website uses tracking mechanisms and cookies, but also complies with European data protection regulations.
For detailed information on how Proz.com handles personal information, please refer to the Proz.com Privacy Statement at https://www.proz.com/privacy
V Your rights as a data subject
1. Your right of access
You have the right to ask me to confirm whether I am processing your personal data or not.
If I am processing your data, I will provide the following information for you:
- ● the purposes for which I process your data;
- ● the categories of data I process;
- ● the recipients or categories of recipients to whom I have given or will give your data;
- ● the planned duration of the storage of your data or, if detailed information on this is not available, the criteria for determining the storage period;
- ● your right to request the rectification or erasure of your data and your to right restrict the processing of your data and your right to object to the processing;
- ● your right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority;
- ● all available information about the source of the data, if I have not received it directly from you;
The personal data stored in my local system is not subject to any automated decision-making (or profiling) process and I do not transfer personal data into third countries or international organisations.
2. Your right to rectification
You have the right have your data rectified and/or completed, if your personal data stored by me is incorrect or incomplete. In that case, I will immediately rectify and/or complete your data.
3. Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data, if one of the following reasons applies:
- ● You contest the accuracy of your data for a period that enables me to check the accuracy of your data;
- ● The processing is unlawful and you oppose the complete erasure of your data stored with me and request the restriction of their use instead;
- ● Your data are no longer required for the purposes of the processing, but you do need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
- ● You objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR and it is not yet clear whether my justified reasons outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of your data has been restricted, these data may only be processed - apart from being stored - with your consent or for the purpose of the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or to protect the rights of another natural or legal persons or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the restriction on processing has been restricted in accordance with the above conditions, you will be informed by me before the restriction is lifted.
4. Your right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
a) My obligaton to rease your data
You have the right to request the immediate erasure of your data stored in my systems if one of the following reasons applies:
- ● Your data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed.
- ● You revoked your consent to the processing of your data in accordance with Article 6(1) or of Article 9(2) and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- ● You object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the you object to the processing of your data for advertising and information purposes pursuant to Article 21(2) GDPR.
- ● Your data have been processed unlawfully.
- ● The deletion of your data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which I am subject.
- ● Your data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) GDPR (child protection clauses).
b) Information to third parties
If I have made your data public and am obliged pursuant to paragraph 1 to erase your data, I take appropriate measures, taking into account available technology and the cost of implementation, I will take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform other controllers which are processing your personal data that you have requested the erasure of all links to, or copy or replications of, those personal data from these controllers.
You have no right erasure if the processing of your data is necessary.
- ● for the exercise of your right to freedom of expression and information;
- ● to comply with a legal obligation which requires processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which the controller is subject, or to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in me as controller;
- ● for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3) GDPR;
- ● for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) GDPR in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- ● for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5. My notification obligation
If you have exercised your right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data, I am (as the “controller”) obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
You have the right to request information from me about who these recipients are.
6. Your right to data portability
You have the right to receive your data stored in my system in a, structured, commonly used and machine-readable format In addition, you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided (me), if
- ● the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2) or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR; and
- ● processing is carried out using automated means.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that your data be transferred directly by me to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this.
The right to transferability does not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in me.
7. Your right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR (i.e. public interest or my legitimate interest).
If you object to the data processing, I will no longer process your data, unless I can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If I process your data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data for the purpose of such advertising.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, I will no longer process your data for these purposes.
You can use this partial objection, for example, if you do not wish to receive any information regarding the availability of my services, but would like to prevent the loss of project/business information that is inseparably linked to your data and may have to be deleted as well, when your personal data is completely deleted from my local system.
You can exercise your right to object in connection with the use of Information Society services by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC.
8. Your right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent (e.g. your consent given in the contact form) at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until your withdrawal is received.
9. Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
The personal data I collect online and offline is not subject to any automated decision-making or profiling and therefore has no negative consequences for you.
10. Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
In addition to other administrative or judicial remedies, you have the right of to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you are loving, working or where the alleged infringement has taken place, if you believe that the processing of your data is not GDPR-compliant.
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Article 78.
VI Legal or contractual regulations for the provision of personal data and possible consequences of non-disclosure
In some cases, the provision of personal data is required by law (e.g. by tax regulations) or may result from contract conditions (e.g. information on the contract partner). For the conclusion of a contract it may be necessary that you provide me with your personal data, which must subsequently be processed by me. Failure to provide your personal data would mean that the contract cannot not be concluded and you cannot not use my services. Before providing your personal data, you are also welcome to contact me to clarify whether the provision of the personal data is required by law or for tha conculsion of the contract, whether there is an obligation to provide your personal data and what consequences the failure to provide your personal data would have.